Tip of the Week

Tip of the Week:





Remember to take rest days!

Monday, October 22, 2012

Crazy weather: week 5

The weather this week was pretty crazy First it was really hot and dry and by the weekend it was cloudy, rainy and cool. I got a couple of runs in despite the weather.

Starting weight: 136.8

Day 1: since the first few days of the week were so warm and dry, I decided to wait to run til later in the week when it got cooler. With three days off, it took a little while for my legs to warm up. I forgot to charge my garmin (again!) so I ran on feel. Not a bad run overall even though my throat felt like it was on fire from the dry air. 2.24 miles.

Day 2: what a difference weather makes! It was overcast and cool. I decided to run on the trails for the first part of the run that has a long slow uphill climb and ends with the downhill. Great run. 3.25 miles

It's almost the end of the month and I will need to make a decision about the Vegas half soon if we are to make travel arrangements. As of right now, it's probably leaning towards a "no" because I underestimated how long it would take me to build a good base. I haven't been running as much as I used to and it's been tough to add mileage. I don't want to push too much too fast and end up injuring myself. The training schedule I had myself on to do the Vegas half was really ambitious to say the least. I thought I could increase 1 mile/wk with only a couple of weeks of running. Couple that with juggling two kids' schedules and in hindsight I was just setting myself up to fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment