Tip of the Week

Tip of the Week:





Remember to take rest days!

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Reflection and change

It has been a long time since I've written on my blog.  There's been alot of reasons for that - for one, I got pregnant and really didn't have the energy and two, I wasn't sure what direction I wanted to take this blog.  I initially started it to promote a running tours business that I was trying to start up but as I started writing about running and the places I was running, I could feel myself getting away from the business part of it and just enjoyed writing about my running experiences.  Then since I got pregnant and had to stop running when I was about 20 weeks along, I didn't see much point in writing and decided to take the time to think about what I wanted to do with this blog.

I'm not sure about the running tours anymore.  Now that I have two kids (we had a boy this time!) and am a working mom, I'm not sure how much time I would have to start up a business.  So I'm figuring that running will just have to continue to my hobby.  Which is fine because then I can enjoy it the way I've always enjoyed it - on my own time and pace.

It's been a month since I've given birth to our beautiful son and I can't wait to get back into running. I had a c-section and have to wait until I've healed properly before I can start training again (which I'm hoping is very soon!)  I have been thinking about what races I want to do and have even signed up for two - one coming in January 2013 - Carlsbad Half Marathon and the Awesome 80s Run in October.  I am contemplating running the Las Vegas Half in December because I have some friends running it but I am not sure I can get enough training in in time.  I will see how the 80s run goes in October before I sign up.

For now, I think I'll write about my experience in getting back into running after being pregnant and managing with two kids. I'm hoping by doing this at least it'll keep me accountable and keep up my motivation. And I guess I'll just see where it takes me from there.

Hope to see you on the road!  Happy Running!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment